Lead Driver- Phoenix
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
- As a lead, you’ll oversee and coach a shift of drivers to ensure teammates are hitting their targets
- Use tools such as Google Docs and Google Sheets to report on shift performance
- Operate cargo vans to collect and rebalance vehicles gathered at popular destination points or vehicles that are improperly parked
- Work with local operation teammates to ensure vehicles are distributed throughout the city in the right place at the right time for riders
- Patrol service areas and inspect and identify vehicles that are in need of repair and maintenance
- Use technology and software to log fleet activity and data that will help optimize fleet performance
- Operate e-scooters to move and monitor Bird’s fleet
- Collect and rebalance vehicles gathered at popular destination points
- Move improperly parked vehicles back to suggested parking areas
- Perform light field repairs and field diagnostics to aid in upkeep of the fleet
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously
- Passion for Bird and working in a high growth environment
- A smartphone and comfort using technology
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass motor vehicle record check preferred
- Ability to use basic hand tools and lift 40 pounds up to 3 feet of the ground
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work at night and on weekends
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work outdoors for 8 hours a day
- Must be 18 or older to apply with a valid drivers license
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?