Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting function at Bird is relatively young, but highly impactful. This team, and this role, strategically partners with leaders in legal, finance, controllership, investor relations and others on our SEC filings and highly complex transactions. Bird is innovative and entrepreneurial, creating a lot of opportunities for learning and growth. We are looking for someone excited by the challenges present in a rapidly evolving environment who can build and oversee a team, implementing structure and control where needed. This role will own SEC reporting, recurring technical accounting transactions, such as equity and debt, and ad hoc technical accounting transactions, such as M&A, entity expansion, new accounting pronouncement adoption, new growth initiatives, financings and much more. This person will report to the Director of Accounting. As Bird is a newly public company, this role will be a critical part of ensuring compliance with SEC requirements and US GAAP.
- Oversee the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting function, developing the team and building redundancies into processes
- Partner cross-functionally to develop, implement, improve, and execute financial reporting and accounting processes and systems, with a specific focus on simplifying our reporting processes and establishing proper accountability across all teams
- Partner with the business on new initiatives requiring accounting consultation, draft positions, and write technical accounting memos
- Oversee debt and equity processes, and review monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Lead the adoption of any new accounting pronouncements and develop technical accounting positions for any unique or complex transactions
- Own preparation and review of the 10-K and 10-Q fillings for SEC and US GAAP compliance
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Other related projects (i.e., implement new accounting guidance, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance profession(s)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Active CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong management, team-building, business-partnering, and prioritization skills
- Experience in public accounting, financial reporting, or technical accounting profession(s)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?