ABOUT THE ROLE
Boost is actively looking for an Actuarial Assistant to become an integral part of our expanding team. In this pivotal role, you will assume a key position within our actuarial team, responsible for the development and execution of pricing initiatives spanning various lines of business. Reporting directly to the Lead Actuary, you will gain invaluable firsthand insights into the diverse aspects of actuarial practice within the dynamic insurtech landscape.
At Boost, we’re building a better insurance experience - and a better insurance company. Our vision is to democratize the industry through technology and innovation so everyone can have access to the protection they need, when they need it. Boost is on a mission to make the insurance industry accessible to innovators, by providing the compliance, capital, and technology infrastructure they need to offer modern protection to their customers. Since launching in 2018, we’ve powered over 40 high-growth insurtech innovators as they expand access to embedded insurance.
Boost Insurance empowers any company to engage with their customers and increase sales by offering insurance through their own digital experience. Licensed to develop and distribute P&C insurance products in all 50 states, Boost provides insurance infrastructure-as-a-service that packages the necessary compliance, operational, capital, and technological components of an insurance program into a turnkey white-labeled solution, accessible via a simple API integration. Businesses that choose Boost can reduce the cost and complexity of building and managing their insurance function, and quickly begin engaging their customers with valuable insurance products. For more information, please visit boostinsurance.com.
Why join Boost?
Take on the Challenge Work with people who see challenges as untested opportunities and who dive head first into finding solutions.
Create It and Own It Everyone at Boost is a creator and an owner. Take your position and run with it.
Expect Transparency You want to know what’s going on and we want you to be informed. The more we work together, the more successful we’ll all be.
Always Laugh Don’t take yourself too seriously, we surely don’t. Celebrate the victories, learn from the mistakes, and enjoy the ride
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate for this role is tech-savvy, independent, driven, and optimistic—an independent thinker who is excited about changing the status quo and wants to use their actuarial expertise to improve pricing, reserving, and program design. We are looking for a highly analytical and detail-oriented individual who enjoys automating actuarial tasks.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare and analyze data, conduct risk assessments, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure our pricing strategies align with our company's goals and regulatory requirements
- Optimize our pricing models, driving profitability, and contributing to the overall success of Boost
- Understand product performance, develop pricing models for new and existing products, and set reserves across all products and geographies
- Create tools and processes to roll-out rating programs for both admitted and non-admitted products
- Modernize actuarial best practices and procedures to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of P&C actuarial experience; ACAS equivalent, or greater
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Comfortable with programming
- Comfortable using code to automate processes, promote reproducibility, and reduce the chance of error
- Experience building, validating, and applying statistical methods to describe real world problems
- Experience with reserving and/or claims-made products
- Loves a good actuarial memo with exceptional documentation
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- The pay range is estimated to be between $100,000.00 - $ 140,000.00 USD per year for NYC residents.
- When determining the wage range for this role, several factors are considered, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, training, licensure & certifications, and other business needs. Geographic differentials associated with the location where the position may be filled have not been adjusted in the disclosed range estimate. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their position, each case is analyzed appropriately.
- Equity commensurate with experience (everyone is an owner!)
- Medical Insurance: 100% covered up to
- Only employee - $1,030.00
- Employee + 1 dependent (spouse or children) - $1,287.50
- Employee + family - $1,545.00
- If you waive this Medical benefit as you can receive it elsewhere, Boost contributes $350 per month to help you pay for it!
- Dental & Vision: 100% covered by Company for employee + all dependents
- Optional Healthcare FSA medical reimbursement account
- Unlimited PTO
- 16 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Monthly work from home snack reimbursement
- Monthly Pet Insurance/Pet Wellness Plan reimbursement
- A close-knit team that always has each other's back
- Quarterly company lunches
If you feel that you don't meet all the requirements and are excited about the opportunity, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your application, let's get acquainted.
Boost is deeply committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We firmly believe that a thriving organization embraces the individuality of its employees, which serves as a catalyst for growth and success. At Boost, we adhere to a strict policy of non-discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other protected status recognized by applicable laws and regulations. Our dedication to fostering an environment that values and respects all individuals is unwavering.