Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an outstanding professional who serves the needs of developers, entrepreneurs, creators, and builders as a prolific writer, as a part of our Circle Developer Experience Product team. We seek a Senior Technical Writer to collaborate with our product and engineers and work alongside our Developer Relations team to create written communication that engages and inspires developers in pushing the boundaries of building with Circle’s applications and services.
What you'll work on:
- Creating documentation and education materials to ensure developers can rapidly build with our APIs.
- Determining the most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension, which translates to developer success.
- Generating innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions that use our APIs.
- Meeting with subject-matter experts in product and engineering teams to understand the product and the documentation requirements to ensure niche topics are appropriately addressed.
- Analyzing information required for crafting or updating all developer and technical documentation.
- Reviewing and editing content developed by other Technical Writing team members.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, families, and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener, and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success, which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, do not tolerate mediocrity, and work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication and hold yourself to high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
Senior Technical Writer
- 4+ years in writing user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, mobile development documentation, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions, and system operations.
- 4+years of proven experience in a tech company.
- Passionate about delivering the best developer experience through documentation.
- Excellent technical understanding of blockchain technologies and ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team.
- Comfortable taking on long-term, complex technical writing projects in a self-directed manner.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Chicago, IL. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $132,500 - $170,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.