VP, Product Management
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a senior leader to own and drive our Stablecoins product vertical, its strategy and execution. As a key strategic leader reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), you will own building successful stablecoin products and services that power our customers' needs. You will interface with customers & partners, and work cross-functionally to conceive and launch next-generation financial infrastructure by harnessing crypto and blockchain technology. You will lead a team of product managers and partner with other product teams to deliver maximum impact on various stablecoin programs. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex program areas and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. The ideal candidate has extensive experience defining product strategy and demonstrated agility to adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
What you'll work on:
- Leading conversations with existing and potential members of our stablecoins ecosystem in order to identify evolving pain points, needs and wants.
- Establishing a shared product vision across the company by influencing and building consensus across functions, executives and other key stakeholders. Ensuring our customers’ voice is heard, understood and synthesized in a uniform way within the organization.
- Conceiving and articulating the stablecoin product strategy and roadmap required to deliver on stakeholders’ needs and grow the business. Evaluating new product ideas and opportunities, as well as continuously improving existing products and features.
- Representing Circle’s stablecoins thought leadership and perspective with external stakeholders such as partners, regulators, policy makers and the media.
- Recruiting, managing and developing a team of Product and Program Managers.
- Driving the day-to-day of product discovery, planning, design, execution and measurement in partnership with engineering, and collaborating with all functions in the organization. Setting the pace for shipping the product roadmap.
- Partnering cross-functionally with multiple teams in the company to execute on the stablecoins product strategy, particularly in how products are brought to market alongside legal, compliance, business, marketing and operations teams.
- Establishing product goals, metrics and KPIs.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of progressively increasing product leadership experience.
- 10+ years in executive, managerial or people leadership capacities, or equivalent entrepreneurship roles.
- 3+ years experience building products that leverage crypto and blockchain technologies.
- End-to-end experience managing product development lifecycles - product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development, analysis and learning, with a proven track record of building and shipping multiple enterprise and developer-focused products with clear impact.
- Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable and establishing high standards of excellence.
- Strong communicator, with the ability to work positively and collaboratively with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Very high standards, superior attention to detail, and a drive for continuous improvement, while also being able to ship products fast and iteratively.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, incredible resilience, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Washington, D.C. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $260,000 - $350,000
Also Included: Bonus, Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.