Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager. You will be responsible for supporting the EMEA regional month-end close, supporting audit management, assisting in implementing and executing SOX controls and overseeing day to day accounting operations for EMEA. You will also partner closely with cross-functional team members across the organization as we continue to scale the business in the EMEA region.
What you'll work on:
- Review general ledger journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for month-end and quarter-end processes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts for EMEA Circle entities and accompanying variance analysis and report out to the US finance team.
- Support EMEA statutory audit plans and act as point of contact for local auditors. Ensure audits deadlines are met with no significant findings.
- Supporting the translation of US GAAP financial statements to local accounting standard requirements as required for the annual financial statements process.
- Support accounting operations internationalization for new legal entities including meeting local regulatory requirements.
- Support the local integration and rollout of finance systems to help streamline processes, including ERP implementation.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies for the close ensuring changes are implemented timely.
- Work in collaboration with Risk, Compliance, Engineering, and Treasury departments to ensure that all reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure reporting for the team is complete and accurate for new product launches.
- Assist with relevant annual audit and tax reporting requirements involving customer activities.
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects, as requested.
- Lead a team of 1-2 Accountants.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, ideally from public accounting and some time working in a rapid growth environment or for a technology company.
- Experience managing a small team of Accountants.
- Experience preparing financial statements under IFRS or local equivalent (mandatory) and US GAAP (highly desirable).
- CPA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations.
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.