VP, Policy and Regulatory Strategy, EMEA
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you'll be responsible for:
The Vice President, Policy and Regulatory Strategy, EMEA is an integral part of the strategy, global policy and communications team. Working closely with legal, compliance, finance and other functions, the role requires in-depth understanding and engagement with key regulators in tier 1 and tier 2 markets. The Vice President will help drive analysis, engagement and regulatory filings culminating in successful company licensure and operations in tier 1 and tier 2 markets. The Vice President will also lead regulatory, policy and other engagements supporting a global market and regulatory environment conducive to the company’s products, solutions and services.
The Vice President will also track in an evidence-based manner the global policy, regulatory and market acceptance of digital currencies, blockchain-based payments systems and crypto-assets more generally. This will be a dynamic role that will help inform company-wide market expansion efforts, regulatory engagements and competitive positioning.
What you'll work on:
- Formulation of tier 1 and tier 2 regulatory engagement, stakeholder mapping and market segmentation based on overall company market expansion plans and regional growth targets.
- Review of legal, regulatory and other licensing requirements in tier 1, 2 and other target markets, alongside legal, compliance and operational leaders.
- Leading market expansion and regulatory efforts around the world and targeted operational regions, prioritizing tier 1 and tier 2 markets.
- Creation of reporting metrics, dashboards and decision support resources that track licensing, compliance and other regulatory requirements for digital assets, payments and related activities in tier 1, 2 and other key markets.
- Creation of public responses, including requests for information, comment and other engagements with external stakeholders.
- Leading a dynamic global strategy, policy and communications team helping drive a conducive market environment for the company’s products, solutions and services.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of legal, policy, regulatory and policymaking experience at the nexus of emerging technology, financial services and global markets.
- 10+ years of management experience in a regulatory or policy focused role.
- Technical virtuosity, policy instincts and relationships at the highest levels of government, policymaking and regulatory matters shaping the future of money and payments.
- Proven knowledge at the strategic and technical levels in regulatory engagement in the payments and financial service domains.
- In depth knowledge of UK policy, regulatory, legal and licensing requirements for the payments, digital currencies, crypto-assets and blockchain-based market.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.