Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack - Developer
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The mission of the Developer Product Group engineers is to create solutions so builders can build in crypto. Their suite of products include: Base, WaaS, and Cloud. Our most recent offering, Coinbase Base, is an Ethereum L2 built to scale the crypto economy, the foundation for continuing the on-chain journey. Wallet-as-a-Service (WaaS) is an API-based crypto platform that will enable developers to interact with heterogeneous cryptocurrency networks (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano) in a simple, secure and scalable way. Coinbase Cloud provides web3 APIs, services, and infrastructure to power the next generation of software builders.
We are specifically looking for a fullstack engineer to join the Base team with emphasis in the frontend, to enable and accelerate the success of Base. You’ll be working as a fullstack engineer across all components of our system. The frontend: bridge, marketing, and docs webapps, built in typescript; the backend: Base testnet and mainnet deployments, using golang; and internal product integrations and infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Building and maintaining our frontend web applications with high quality standards
- Open sourcing the web repos and managing the open source contributions and issues from the community
- Assisting with Base oncall, debugging the issues that can arise with our L2 blockchain in production and testnet
- Building key components of the OP Stack to further the decentralization of Base and other L2s
What we look for in you:
- You've developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- You’re familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.)
- You’ve worked with Golang, Geth, Hardhat, Solidity
- You have contributed to the SuperChain via either OP Stack contributions or Base contributions
- Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing frameworks.
- You’ve built responsive web or mobile applications
Job #: GFS05NA
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $175,100 to $206,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?