Corporate Paralegal, Securities
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for an exceptional paralegal to join our corporate legal team. You will support all aspects of Coinbase’s securities and reporting functions.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Oversight of all Section 16 matters, including preparing and filing Forms 4.
- Support the preparation of SEC filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, S-8s and proxy statements) and associated disclosure control processes.
- Assist in the administration of the insider trading policy, including managing trading window logistics and organizing/reviewing 10b5-1 plans.
- Partner with our Equity Administration team to help oversee employee equity plans, including the employee stock purchase plan and international equity plans.
- Run the company’s processes for director & officer questionnaires and related person transaction tracking.
- Direct the planning and logistics for the Annual Stockholders Meeting, including managing outside vendors.
- Help develop and implement scalable processes to help Coinbase continue to build out its public company practices.
- Assist with general corporate matters and other special projects or tasks on an as-needed basis.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience as a corporate paralegal, either at a leading national firm, or comparable in-house practice, with exposure to high growth technology companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally and to drive cross-functional alignment and action.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support on other types of projects when needed.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
Nice to haves:
- In-house + law firm experience.
- Experience working with newly public companies.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, DocuSign and Adobe Pro DC.
- Familiarity with Section 16 filing tools and resources, Workiva, Nasdaq Boardvantage, Jira and Slack (or other related software systems).
Job #: P21974
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.