At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Ops Associate will report to the Chief Operating Officer and Board of Directors of CB Payments Ltd., our UK e-money entity, to shape and execute key operational processes such as outsourcing control and vendor oversight.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties)
- Responsible for the assessment and oversight of service providers including outsourced activities to Coinbase affiliates, other third party service providers and oversight of any sub-outsourcing
- Review and refine service provider performance measures, report on service provider deliverables, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve delivery
- In collaboration with second line of defence teams, design first line of defence controls and carry out and report on regular assessments
- Set up and manage formal escalation processes related to outsourced services, including succinctly communicating issues to relevant partners and proactively collaborating to ensure timely resolution if needed
- Help develop and own the execution of local operational and outsourcing processes/procedures to ensure successful delivery against regulatory requirements and drive more efficient execution across e-money operations
- Oversee monitoring and reporting cadence of important issues such as fraud rates, ensuring that local management have visibility into trends
- Support in the implementation of Consumer Duty requirements, in collaboration with the Consumer Duty Champion
- Support in the execution of critical ad hoc projects, on matters impacting the local business
- Support the definition of the Outsourcing and Operations agenda and effectively manage daily business operations for CB Payments Ltd. to support all lines of business, while managing consistent performance on targets
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services / operations management at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing operational strategy, in particular regarding outsourcing;
- Demonstrated experience of supervising outsourced activities to ensure service providers are delivering to the expected standard
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Commitment to Diversity
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Redash, Snowflake, Looker
Job #: P52263
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.