ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to deliver game-changing improvements for FanDuel.
This is a hybrid role. Team members have flexibility for remote work but must be local to the Atlanta metro area and available to come to the office on an as-needed basis.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Take active part in the production problem root cause investigation, identification, and resolution (where necessary);
- Maintain, improve and troubleshoot our core systems used by several teams, some of those are Kafka, Zookeeper, Python, etc.;
- Preventive monitoring;
- Define, implement and maintain Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Iteratively improve monitoring & alerting
- Reduce Toil;
- Reduce or eliminate manual/repetitive tasks
- Improving the resilience and reliability of the systems to reduce or eliminate manual intervention on service recovery
- Design, develop and/or implement tools that will help the team(s) to perform their work more efficiently;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technological stack;
- Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
What we're looking for in our next teammate
These are the skills and experience we are looking for. If they match yours, you may be our next DevOps Engineer teammate:
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in DevOps, SRE, or Developer position.
- A DevOps Engineer should bring all these to the game:
- Experience working with cloud environments. AWS is preferable, but Azure or OpenStack experience is also relevant
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Bamboo, Ansible, Go, etc.
- Practical experience in Python, ideally with frameworks like Django or Flask.
- Familiarity with the concepts of configuring and managing databases – e.g., MySQL and/or Mongo
- Linux experience: Ideally CentOS, but other distributions are ok. Bonus: experience using command line bash scripting.
- Familiarity with concepts around containerization – e.g., using Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience with Kafka and/or Cassandra is not required but is a huge bonus. Let us know if you have worked with either!
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams and stakeholders
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for the art of problem-solving.
- Experience in documenting processes.
- Comfort working in a user support role to keep development and other teams moving forward.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?