Human Resources Director
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and implementing the overall HR strategy in support of both short-term and long-term business goals. A problem-solver by nature, the successful candidate will create and manage the implementation of organizational change that drives innovation and employee engagement. They will work collaboratively with specialist groups within the People Team to ensure coordination of HR strategies and processes across the organization, and with business leaders to grow diverse leadership, talent, and technical capability. This leader will work closely with members of executive leadership to help develop and implement structures and strategies that improve individual and organizational performance. They will also provide leadership for the HR function and team members in their organization.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Provide leadership for the People Team HR Managers, Generalists, and Coordinators, driving process excellence in the HR Business Partner arena by developing strategies and solutions that are scalable, pragmatic, and appropriate for a growth environment
- Develop strong relationships with client group business leaders (including C suite), as well as partners in Legal, Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, and Finance
- Partner with internal and outside legal counsel to resolve complex employment related issues.
- Communicate clearly with executive management (including C suite), escalating issues in a clear and compelling way with solution options and recommendations
- Analyze large sets of data and present results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Think multiple steps ahead by preparing for potential problems and escalating issues when appropriate; juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Partner with centralized HR functions such as Talent, Compensation, Learning and Development, etc. to drive various business initiatives with client groups
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information
- Create an inclusive culture that drives employee engagement and inspires team to perform at their best
- Maintain a highly visible profile to employees and maintain an open, sincere disposition for employee concerns and suggestions
- Apply discretion to interactions with employees on sensitive issues; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educate others on the value of diversity
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Flexible and agile approach to work; ability to adapt to ambiguity in a frequently changing, fast paced environment
- Extremely strong and detail-oriented written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills; comfort with metrics reporting and managing large data sets
- Ability to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- People leadership skills and ability to motivate and drive engagement with a sizable team
- Proven familiarity in the following is required: strategy development, talent management, talent acquisition, leadership development, compliance and risk management, workforce engagement and organization development
- A track record of influencing and advising executive leadership
- Understanding of local and national employment laws and regulations
- Minimum of undergraduate degree preferred
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $140,000 to $180,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?