Software Engineer, TV Technology
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is hiring a full stack Software Engineer to support our TV Technology organization. We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Software Engineer, you will sit in the TV Technology organization of FanDuel Group. You will support television and broadcast infrastructure for live events, studios, graphics, operations, data, media asset management, and remote productions. Your main objectives will be to invent, simplify and integrate technology to optimize workflows and systems. TV Technology supports a broad business focused on enabling a watch and wager experience for our customers. Our technology and systems are expansive, we traverse from the camera to the customer experience.
You use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members. You may create or have a responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications. You are able to take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects. You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. You participate in team design, scoping, and prioritization discussions. You seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team's software. You work effectively with other team members & identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.
- Comfortable with a hybrid work model requiring two to three days per week in-studio.
- On-call rotation where required.
- Responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
- Write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- Track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- Understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- Clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- In the event of a problem, you can troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
- Provide excellent customer support.
- Participate in the interview process and help your team train SDE interns.
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, be humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Specialized in backend, systems and infrastructure. Experience and passion for writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems and APIs using Java and/or Python or similar programming languages.
- Experienced in React, Angular, and/or TypeScript preferred for web development.
- Understanding of React Native and how to work cross-functionally with front-end developers.
- Ability to framework, build and design UI and UX.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS and Elemental. Proficient with Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience working in the Media & Entertainment industry. Preferably at a major broadcasting company or media distribution company. General understanding of processes, SLAs and uptime requirements.
- Experience writing referencing MIB’s to write drivers. Experience with Dataminr a bonus.
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts, Python.
- Proficient working with MongoDB, DynamoDB, SQL, or other commonly used database technologies.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
The applicable salary/hourly range for this position is $102,000 to $134,400, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off and 13 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Something looks off?