Senior Product Designer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced UX&D professional who can work across the design spectrum. We’re looking for someone who would be excited to work on projects, problems and opportunities across our Account space - ensuring the experience and solutions we ship are the right thing for customers and the business.
Our Account vertical covers a huge amount of core capabilities and first impression experiences. From signing-up and verification, to helping our customers play safe, and manage and build their account, profile and relationship with us – as well as working collaboratively on other features as part of our wider core products and experience domain. We want someone who can help keep the customer at the heart of what we do, and look for opportunities to bring excitement across the experiences we build!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You will be comfortable, and can demonstrate, working at a senior level on team projects and goals with medium-high scope and/or ambiguity.
- You are happy to grab a problem statement, and with a self-starter attitude, can comfortably start tasks or projects. You need little to no input on planning and delivering against the design approach to take a piece of work forward, but are happy to co-design on approaches and receive coaching where needed.
- You are happy and willing to develop new approaches for tackling a problem where required, using known methods, and anticipating problems
- You are comfortable leading and facilitating meetings where needed (including non-UX&D meetings)
- You actively contribute to team meetings and bring in methods, processes and ideas to improve the overall team approach and ways of working.
- You will help grow the team where required and bring your expertise to help us identify new candidates by participating in application screening, phone interviews and live assessments.
- You actively coach less experienced team members in technical skills, and help onboard new team members
- You know the importance of research and testing, and can demonstrate how you work closely with our research partners to ensure design and research are seamless and can showcase how you validate our workings with customers.
- You can use quantitative and qualitative information to help inform and shape the direction and your design output
- You can take a step back from the day to day tasks, identify the root cause and how to communicate that back to the business.
- You’ll have a pragmatic mindset and know when to push for more, and when to commit to the quick wins.
- You can confidently advocate and educate stakeholders on UX & Design best practices
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Has contributed to multiple projects on multiple shipped products and demonstrated the relevant behaviors and functional knowledge during those projects
- Has extensive expertise across UX and UI, with the ability to display a strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Can produce UI designs that fit the need and context of use, whilst introducing moments of delight for the customer
- Can speak towards, and design for, the impact of change across the wider customer experience, over and above feature design and improvements.
- Identifies product overlaps to work more efficiently to craft better customer solutions
- Good working knowledge of user research process and methodologies
- Maintains a good knowledge of customer behavior in a product
- Designs for scale and consistently, advocating for the use and contribution to the design system
- A respected partner amongst peers in product and engineering
- Can clearly and confidently communicate UX and UI rationale to partners across the process
- Open to developing persuasion techniques for influencing work further up the pipeline
- Brings a positive and enthusiastic energy to the team and approach to work
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?