Senior Risk Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its dynamic Risk team a Senior Risk Manager reporting to the Sr. Director of Risk to work on implementation and management of FanDuel’s Enterprise Risk Management tool. The Senior Risk Manager will need to understand the role of Governance, Risk, and Compliance in a start-up environment as well as in a mature highly regulated environment and be experienced in the change management of building a risk operation. The Senior Risk Manager will be responsible for the timely and effective assessment of the current Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) Tool, redesign and configuration that is ideal for FanDuel users, and implementation and ongoing maintenance of the tool for FanDuel’s Enterprise Risk program and practices, as well as being the centralized point of contact for ERM tool inquiries. The Senior Risk Manager will work with the Sr. Director of Risk on strategy, framework/ appetite, assist in developing key risk/performance indicators, and develop impactful reporting for the business. The Senior Risk Manager will need to possess technical risk management skills, including experience with and implementation of enterprise risk management tools. The Senior Risk Manager will work with the Sr. Director of Risk and a team of Risk Managers to identify and partner with all ERM tool users to design, implement, and manage the ERM tool for FanDuel.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will work with a fantastic team of Legal, Regulatory and Compliance professionals to work on the implementation of the risk management and compliance framework.
This role will:
- Responsible for ERM tool assessment and identification of the ideal ERM tool
- Work closely with business stakeholders to identify priority users, use cases, and ERM configuration to fit FanDuel
- Provide guidance on configuration to ensure efficient and scalable design is implemented
- Work closely with internal/external partners to document our requirements, test solutions, manage the release into production and provide support where needed
- Identify areas in the system where configuration should be re-architected
- Assist with implementing and advising on new or enhanced feature requests
- Lead the initiative to establish ERM system guidelines and tooling, ensuring consistency and cohesion across FanDuel ERM users experiences and enabling cross-functional team usage
- Develop efficient processes, templates, and resources to help the ERM users work smarter, faster, and more effectively
- Design framework for, and assist in, managing ERM users, profiles, permission sets, roles, sharing rules, and security controls on the ERM Tool
- Create and implement changes to the tool such as applications, objects, fields, workflows, processes, flows, validation rules, approval processes, email alerts, advanced formulas, page layouts, record types, etc
- Develop a deep expertise with advanced ERM platform features
- Support the integration of business systems and data into the ERM tool
- Develop and maintain effective documentation on integrations, processes, and other solutions
- Create and maintain reporting on ERM metrics and make accessible to other parts of the FanDuel Business
- Suggest and aid in the selection and implementation of additional tools and products to improve Governance, Risk, and Compliance processes
- Identify opportunities for automation in connection with ERM use and support implementation
Superior analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal and writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being a team player, and an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of the internet, technology and media businesses.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Once hired, the Senior Risk Manager may be required to obtain gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators in those jurisdictions
- Minimum 8 years of compliance-related practice or role building technology solutions to support enterprise risk management functions, preferably in risk, compliance, or internal audit, in a highly regulated industry
- Experience building out effective risk & compliance processes in a rapid-growth environment strongly preferred
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics, and effective reporting
- Experience assisting with continually evolving the risk-based monitoring program with a focus on testing automations and scalability
- Experience in utilizing and implementing ERM tools for governance, risk, and compliance management, and reporting
- Program and project implementation experience a must
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- An exceptional team builder and team player
- A self-starter with energy to follow-through and own the outcome
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $120,000 to $185,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?