Senior Financial Analyst - Racing, Daily Fantasy, and Faceoff
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a seasoned Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in New York. The candidate will possess a combination of technical, problem solving and communication skills who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. The candidate will work on the financial reporting, budgeting and financial analysis for our Racing, Daily Fantasy, and Faceoff businesses. The position will report into the Finance Senior Manager. This is a hybrid role with the expectation of 2-3 days/week in our New York Office.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Prepare all requisite reporting for the Racing, Daily Fantasy and Faceoff businesses (monthly close package, quarterly forecasts, annual budget/long-term plan) coordinating with key stakeholders
- Streamline and enhance the financial modeling process to assist in timely financial decision support and provide critical business insights for various stakeholders across the organization
- Assist with the creation of a suite of monthly analytical reports for tracking ROIs, operational highlights and key performance indicators
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of state-level economics and serve as a subject-matter expert across the FP&A and Accounting teams
- Serve as a finance business partner supporting the day-to-day commercial needs across various departments
- Help lead the implementation of best practices to simplify, standardize and scale our business
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain marketplace awareness
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (preferably a mix of Financial Analysis/Corporate Finance and Accounting)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Ability to distill financial data into clear and concise insights
- Exceptional Excel skills, comfortable dealing with large data volume
- Exceptional financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to think creatively and see the big picture while maintaining a laser-focused attention
- High level of confidence, energy and the desire to work in a super-charged industry
- Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Smart View experience a plus
- Experience in sports, gambling, or entertainment a plus!
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $80,000 to $110,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?