Director of Legal Team Strategy and Operations
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its dynamic and expanding legal and compliance team a talented, humble, and hungry Director of Legal Team Strategy and Operations. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5-10+ years of project management and strategic initiative experience with the ability to serve as a partner and advisor to the Legal and Compliance team in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small group with significant exposure across the large FanDuel Legal and Compliance Team, as well as to the broader FanDuel Group business.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will join a fantastic team of talented legal and regulatory professionals striving to maintain and continually enhance FanDuel’s position as the most trusted brand in gaming. Reporting to the VP, Business & Legal Affairs, this new role will be the strategic partner of a sophisticated team of lawyers, compliance professionals, and risk experts in one of the most critical, challenging, and exciting areas of the company. This position will serve as a strategic partner to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and her leadership team working horizontally across the legal and compliance teams in project management, metrics and reporting, executive leadership presentations, data tracking and off and on-site meeting preperations. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following key areas:
- Partner with Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and her Leadership Team to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives and opportunities and operate as a thought leader and trusted advisor
- Develop and implement processes related to metrics, reporting, technology and tools and assess and track process improvements across the organization
- Develop and apply deep understanding of FanDuel’s Legal and Compliance teams and how each fits into the business as a whole
- Work with team leaders to establish clear hypotheses to identify opportunities for FanDuel Legal and Compliance enhancements and lead analysis and modelling to inform strategy
- Collaborate with FanDuel Legal and Compliance VPs and Directors to drive cross-functional initiatives and strategic planning
- Structure and lead complex, cross-functional projects independently, managing multiple workstreams and stakeholders
- Support overall professional development and growth within the organization
- Liaise with team members and beyond to identify opportunities to leverage best practices and drive operational efficiencies across the Legal and Compliance organization
- Examples of strategic initiatives you will lead:
- Work with cross-functional team to design and implement a comprehensive metrics and reporting strategy across the organization, including reporting metrics to senior FanDuel leadership
- Advise relevant teams on growth opportunities and develop execution roadmaps (i.e., continuing legal education trainings)
- Design organized and engaging means of presenting metrics across the organization and to Executive Leadership Team
- Lead annual portfolio review and strategic planning processes for the Legal and Compliance Team
- Establish and manage excellent business cadence
- Coordinate launch of major strategic programs, working with operational business leaders
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years, or 3 years post-MBA, of experience in management/strategy consulting and experience as a case team leader preferred
- Ideal candidate may have previously served as a chief of staff or key strategic partner to a c-suite executive
- Ability to take broad direction, use initiative, and translate that into well-researched, actionable output
- Hands-on experience working autonomously to deliver robust business cases, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions. Strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; skilled at influencing and building relationships across the organization at all levels, including with senior leadership
- Strong organizational & project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once. Previous experience leading large project teams on complex cross-functional projects is required
- Ability and desire to dive in and get your hands dirty with analysis. In this role, you will be required to both manage teams/people and be an individual contributor
- Experience and passion for managing and developing junior team members
- Prior knowledge and interest of sports and technology industries are preferred; ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the industry and company will be critical to success
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $160,000 to $180,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?