Data Security Architect
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This is a senior level role responsible for designing, implementing and managing the security of FanDuel’s most valuable asset: data.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Working within Data Engineering and with the broader FanDuel Security/Compliance teams, this role will have the following responsibilities.
- Establishes and implements the FanDuel Data Security Plan.
- Reviews current system security measures and recommend and implement enhancements.
- Constantly reviews FanDuel’s data architecture in the context of security, ensuring it meets the most up to date standards.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert with respect to SOX controls.
- Documents compliance with security controls such as SOX, as well as NIST 800-53 and conducts periodic reviews of these documents.
- Conducts risk assessments of FanDuel’s data environment.
- Implements data classification, maintains documentation and conducts periodic reviews.
- Implements privacy management solutions against data owned systems, maintains documentation and conducts periodic reviews.
- Produces compliance documentation in support of internal and external audits.
- Participates in developing FanDuel’s enterprise security architecture, ensuring the data security function compliments it.
- Provide data security mentorship to the FanDuel data engineering team.
- Briefs FanDuel teammates at all technical and management levels on issues around data security.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Strong knowledge of security frameworks such as SOX, NIST 800-83, ISO 27001, PCI and FEDRAMP.
- Experienced in SOX compliance.
- Knowledge of privacy regulations such as CCPA.
- Experienced and proficient in modern data platform technologies such as Kafka, dbt, Redshift and Databricks.
- Experience with SQL, GitHub, Confluence, Jira, Alation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3 + years hands on experience with AWS.
- Experience with Risk Management Frameworks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams across FanDuel.
- Exceptional communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Security+ certification is a plus.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?