Data Platform Engineer
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Every weekend, we have a half million of our closest friends over to our place to watch the game and, well maybe, we make a few friendly bets – actually, we usually make about 3 million of them.
Our customers see odds, lines, spreads, play-by-play updates, deposits, and withdrawals.
We see only data, data, data, data, data, and data. Each contest generates tens of millions of individual data points that have to be collected, combined, understood, and acted on. All at the speed of the game. No time-outs.
This is not a sports job. This is a data job.
FanDuel is looking for a Data Platform Engineer to join the Platforms and Enablement domain in our Data Engineering organisation. Data drives our organisation and you will help us unlock the full potential of vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalised experience.
- Build and maintain a self serving data platform and refine new feature requests
- Integrate new data sources to enable analysis of subject areas, activities and processes
- Expand the scalability of pipelines and processes to meet growing data volumes
- Work with new technologies, such as Trino and Airbyte, to help make our platform more scalable and efficient
- Partner with teams from across the Data Engineering organisation to improve their experience
What We’re Looking For
FanDuel is looking for Data Engineers engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment but most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys experimenting, keeping their finger on the pulse of current data engineering tools, and always thinking about how to do something better.
- An understanding of data governance, security and permissions
- Experience with platforms and data ingestion alongside data storage
- Ideally might have worked with AWS, S3, Python, EMR before
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Discussion based interview with Hiring Manager
- Technical interview with Lead or Senior Data Engineer
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required. Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.
Something looks off?