ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Communications Manager will join a fast-paced and nimble in-house communications team/PR team that supports FanDuel’s casino, sportsbook, daily fantasy, skill games and racing business units. This highly motivated individual and team player will be responsible for driving key initiatives for our casino team while they also support work on our sportsbook, FanDuel TV and responsible gaming initiatives. We’re looking for someone with strong media relationships who has a track record of managing PR campaigns from start to finish.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Partner with Director of Communications to develop strategies and plans to support key PR initiatives
- Play a key role in planning and implementing activities, including media relations, events, reporting, etc.
- Flawless execution of proactive and reactive earned media relations work, including developing media lists, reporter briefing sheets, media audits, well-crafted pitches and strategic media recommendations
- Develop press materials including press releases, fact sheets, messaging and Q&As
- Keep projects moving forward with a proven ability to manage deliverables and hit deadlines
- Proactively provide quality assurance for all deliverables (I.E. proofreading, fact-checking, research, reference, citations)
- Maintain communication across all lines of business (sportsbook, casino, responsible gaming, FanDuel TV)
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a communications management role, preferably with internal/corporate oversight
- Proven ability to prioritize key messages and ensure favorable coverage
- Developed media network to assist with reach and identifying proactive opportunities
- Ability to work at pace and under pressure, dealing with issues as they arise
- Brilliant interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, ability to work with a complex array of executive and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable working in line with the sporting calendar including out of traditional business hours including some travel
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $99,000 to $136,000which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?