Employee Relations Director
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Director of Employee Relations will be responsible for launching FanDuel’s formal employee relations program, and for ensuring the design and operational effectiveness of related policies, processes, and procedures. You will be the first point of contact for all employee relations inquiries and investigations and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders (HR Business Partners, Legal, Compliance, etc.) on all employee relations matters, including, but not limited to, grievance and/or compliance investigations, preparation and delivery of related summary reports and recommendations, workplace conflict resolution, policy interpretation, and coaching / guiding members of the FanDuel People Team on how to handle various sensitive situations. We are looking for an expert problem solver, mediator, and objective partner with unquestionable integrity who can ensure everyone in the organization is represented fairly, that we are operating consistently, and who is tracking and analyzing all matters to identify trends, prevent future issues, and influence a positive work environment. The role is challenging, but the right candidate will find it exciting and rewarding.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead and facilitate the employee relations program and related areas, ensuring fair and equitable treatment of all employees, consistent with FanDuel’s principles
- Develop, implement, and maintain current program objectives, policies, and procedures, with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve workplace conflicts; includes overseeing and managing all workplace investigations and formal or informal grievances, and ensuring they are handled compliantly, sensitively and without prejudice; this also includes all investigations are efficiently and consistently concluded, documented, and tracked
- Coach and train other HR staff supporting internal investigations and or other employee relations matters.
- Provide guidance to all levels of management, as needed, regarding a broad range of employee relations issues and inquires, including but not limited to employee accommodations, discipline, terminations, negotiated separations
- Partner with appropriate internal (HRBP, Legal, Compliance) and external (outside counsel, consultants) parties to resolve employee relations issues and/or drive employee relations initiatives within departments
- Develop and improve employee relations matters tracking and reporting to regularly present dashboard metrics to FanDuel’s Employee Conduct Committee and senior leadership
- Analyze data, identify trends in employee relations metrics and propose preventive solutions
- Leverage business, industry, current employee relations trends and rulings and internal metrics data to anticipate and prepare for potential employee relations problems and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
- In partnership with Legal, operate as the lead for investigations and complaints from the Department of Labor (DOL), and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain discretion, confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information, while always operating in an unbiased, high integrity, respectful manner that builds trust at all levels and demonstrates a sensitivity for cultural differences
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in an Employee Relations role or a position with substantial related responsibilities and a thorough understanding of HR principles, practices, and procedures
- Flexible and agile approach to work with the ability to thrive, adapt and think clearly under pressure, gained from experience working in a frequently changing, fast paced environment
- Experience conducting, documenting, and concluding complex or sensitive investigations and effectively resolving workplace grievances through effective use of mediation & conflict resolution techniques
- Functional knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act and ADA, FMLA, ADEA, USERRA, FLSA regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven effective interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills; experienced at designing metrics reporting and identifying trends within qualitative and quantitative data
- Effective project and time management skills, ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Minimum of undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience implementing case management technology preferred
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $144,000 to $198,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.