Controller Vice President
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Controller Vice President will be responsible for directing a wide range of operational finance functions related to FanDuel Group’s account wagering businesses. Leading internal audits, while ensuring proper controls are being followed. Candidates should possess extensive knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Supervise select accounting staff on the FanDuel Racing (TVG), Casino and DFS teams and lead all aspects of accounting operations including month-end close, quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist the Group Controller/SVP, through internal, external (US GAAP and IFRIS), and regulatory audits.
- Collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions and initiatives to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, researched, concluded, documented, and communicated to relevant parties formally through accounting memos and informally as appropriate.
- Optimize the close processes, close financials quarterly and ensure company is in a position to operate on as a public company.
- Support the initial implementation of controls in the financial closing and reporting process and ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Write, implement, and ensure effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Participate in our manage system implementation and other special projects and other accounting and finance responsibilities as required.
- Serve on the finance leadership team and collaborate with CFO, SVP Finance, and fellow leaders on functional and people priorities. Bring to life the team vision to transform the function with technology and the finance skill sets of the future.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
- A track record working in a consumer facing/high growth tech business (preferable)
- Strong and extensive knowledge of US GAAP. Working IFRS knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Leadership experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization. Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $225,000 to $260,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.