Director of Sales
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Sponsorships and Advertising is a fast-growing business at the FanDuel Group that is building the future of sports partnerships, enabling brands to power unparalleled gaming and betting experiences for the next generation of sports fans. We are looking for a Director of Sales with experience in sponsorship, digital ad sales, and partnership development roles. You’ll work with the Sponsorship & Ad Sales VP, the Account Management team and Strategy & Operations team to drive sponsorship revenue for FanDuel, while providing marketplace insights that will help build a world-class business at the intersection of sports-tech, gaming, and media.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Develop and manage a strategic sales pipeline including SQL identification, partnership development, contract negotiation, and activation
- Lead gaming and betting education and sponsorship narrative to grow our position in sports marketplace
- Responsible for delivering on annual revenue goals and negotiating category-defining brand partnerships with clients and agencies
- Partner internally with strategy and operations, product marketing, game ops, crm, social, marketing, league and team to develop and deliver on brand partnerships
- Influence product decisions based on commercial viability that will drive value for FDG and our partners
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum 10 years' experience in sponsorship, digital ad sales, partnership development roles; tech and/or league / property experience required
- Proven track record driving revenue in a challenger sales environment and building and maintaining strong relationships within the sports industry including brands and sports marketing agencies
- Experience managing brand advertisers with deep understanding of digital and sponsorship
- Deep knowledge of the sport industry, including trends, key players and sponsorship dynamics
- Ability to navigate a large company while working in fast paced start-up culture; must thrive in navigating ambiguity and an always-changing environment
- High-energy and growth mindset; hungry to challenge the status quo and humble enough to take on any task as we partner to scale a world-class organization
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $180,000 to $200,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.