Software Engineering Manager - API Enablement
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
FanDuel is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our API Enablement vertical. In this role, you will manage a team of software developers working on the implementation and deployment of FanDuel’s future API-first strategy. You will play a pivotal role in addressing technical and engineering-led challenges, fostering effective communication across FanDuel’s technology teams.
You will contribute to shaping the technical strategy, collaborating with our Principal Engineer to define the roadmap and ensure availability of the necessary resources for successful delivery. If you are looking to enhance and develop your current skills, both technically and in people management, then this position is for you!
- Managing a dedicated team of backend software engineers (Java).
- Taking ownership of FanDuel’s core API Gateway and constructing artificats that help onboard software engineers using an Open API spec-driven approach
- Nurturing the growth and development of software engineers within your team providing an excellent employee experience tailored to their needs
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders from across the engineering organisation, making a company-wide impact on the technology enablement
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking people managers who coach and develop others, and who are passionate about collaborating on complex technical challenges. While a background in backend development is ideal, what matters most is your approach and mindset to problem solving.
- Expertise in defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile / scrum delivery methodologies, and continuous improvement
- The ability to cultivate a thriving team and genuine enthusiasm for the personal development of team members
- Technical acumen that enables you to effectively communicate and facilitate discussions centered around architecture
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits
The Interview Process
1) Interview with Talent Acquisition
2) Hiring Manager Interview
Discussion-based interview on Software Delivery
3) Final Interview
Discussion-based interview on People Management
Discussion-based interview on Operational Excellence
Discussion based interview on Dealing with Ambiguity
Technical Interview - System Design Conversation
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.