Senior Product Designer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
An experienced member of the team who leads when necessary and operates with a lot of autonomy.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of one or more functional areas
- Leads team projects and goals with medium-high scope and/or ambiguity. Actively educates the team and stakeholders on UX & Design best practices
- Receives little to no instruction to start assigned tasks. Needs little input on approaches to take forward a project. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines the solutions to meet schedules and goals
- Develops new approaches for tackling a problem, using known methods, and anticipating problems
- Leads and facilitates stream meetings (including non-UX&D meetings). Actively contributes to team meetings
- Participates in application screening, phone interviews and take home task assessment
- Receives coaching in technical and behavioural skills. Actively coaches less experienced team members in technical skills. Helping onboard new team members
- Spends time observing customers and is involved in validating solutions with them
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Contributed to multiple projects on multiple shipped products and demonstrated the relevant behaviours and functional knowledge during those projects. Trained in best practices of hiring. Has a solid foundation of a professional network
- Has extensive expertise in visual hierarchy, layout and information architecture. Displaying a strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies. Designing for scale and consistently, advocating for the use and contribution to the design system. A respected partner amongst peers in product and engineering. Identifies product overlaps and gaps in their own work. Good working knowledge of user research process and methodologies. Maintains a good knowledge of customer behaviour in a product
- Communicates rationale to partners. Develops persuasion techniques
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!