Technology Service Manager - CPE
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming, and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We are looking for a Service Manager to work within one of the most critical areas of the business - our Core Product Experiences (CPE) engineering domain. This domain is responsible for engineering new features and maintaining existing core functions relating to our customers. This includes functions such as login, sign up, deposits and withdrawals, promotions and more!
As a Service Manager within CPE you will have the fairly unique opportunity to dip in and out of all areas at FanDuel rather than being aligned to a specific product. You will act as the guardian of reliability, holding both our engineering teams and our 3rd party vendors to account. You’ll do this through using data, driving innovation and collaboration to improve processes, best practices and introducing initiatives that will ensure optimal availability, stability and performance across the technology stack and critical customer flows.
You’ll also be responsible and accountable for ensuring readiness and elevated support for key events such as Super Bowl and NFL Season.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Operational Readiness Reviews for new features, product, and services to ensure requirements are met based on service criticality around observability standards, runbooks, exit plans and support models.
- Onboarding new teams into our incident management and on call processes
- Contribute to our no blame culture by running post incident reviews across teams to ensure learnings and define preventative actions against future re-occurrences.
- Conducts regular Risk Reviews with the engineering domain to understand what risks each stack has, mitigations to resolve those risks and backlog items to reduce or remove the risk.
- Complete regular service reviews with the team to identify areas of improvement and operational maturity with the engineering teams within the domain.
What We’re Looking For
You will be able to most of the following:
- Be a strong influencer and communicator, with the ability to translate technical detail into digestible actionable information for senior stakeholders.
- As an individual contributor you will be able to bring people with you during potentially challenging times, to help deliver the right outcome for the group.
- Have a customer-first mentality with the customer experience at the forefront of what we do.
- Maintain calm under pressure and capable of working in the demanding environment of mission-critical services as well as manage unexpected challenges or crises.
- Be passionate about risk identification, sizing, and reduction with collaboration with technical owners to maximize availability.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and shaping structure in situations that require it.
- Be an innovative thinker who is able to contribute new ideas and views to ensure the best process for the Engineering teams.
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.