Data Platform Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organization. As a Data Platform Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every goal, every corner, and every tackle into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better and faster decisions – outplaying our competition.
In this role, you will partner with the engineering teams building our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us build automated tools that will organize, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
We are looking for Data Platform Engineers of all skill levels or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment. If this describes you, read on – we want to hear from you!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Experimenting with new technologies, solving problems in the most efficient way
- Building, running and maintaining enterprise production platforms
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, Great Expectations)
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence and priorities your growth as an engineer and your well-being as a person
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Passion for building highly scalable and available systems used by Data and Software Engineers, capable of efficiently running hundreds of data pipelines at the same
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment, preferably with AWS.
- Orchestration and processing methods of large workloads using distributed data systems such as Airflow, Spark, Hadoop, and Trino
- Processing real-time streaming workloads with distributed event systems such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving and retrieval solutions and their relationship to access vs. cost
- Solid understanding of the infrastructure set-up behind a scalable data platform
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $108,000 to $148,500 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.