DevOps Engineer / Senior DevOps Engineer - Casino
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We are looking for two people to join our dedicated Casino DevOps team - a DevOps Engineer and a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Our Casino vertical is a fast-paced and growing environment. We have exciting long-term plans for the product, which include building out and improving our customer experience. Historically, this product has been reliant on multiple third party vendors, and we are really keen to bring as much in-house as possible.
Our DevOps team is a centralised team that are committed to working closely and partner with our engineering teams with an aim to help them self-serve more. Day-to-day, you will work amongst multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges with a commitment to continuous improvement. You’ll propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others, as well as contribute to the technological advancement of the team.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests
- Ensure services are monitored effectively using application and system metrics
- Understand the complexities of working with multi-tier applications and scaling of distributed systems across data centres and cloud
- Deliver new features and tooling for both business and technical stakeholders
- Support engineers in building pipelines
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Mentor and help to develop others
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following:
- AWS - everything from IAM, Lambda, Cloudfront, RDS and Dynamo
- Tools and technology such as: Docker, Kubernetes and Helm; Terraform; Git and GitHub; experience in a programming language such as Python, Node.JS or Java
- Use of a monitoring platform (we use Datadog) for application observability
- Knowing how an app should be designed and built for the cloud
- Being comfortable authoring documentation and sharing with your peers
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.