Technology Service Manager - Casino
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Our Casino vertical is a fast-paced and growing environment. We have exciting long-term plans for the product, which include building out and improving our customer experience as well as bringing more services in-house. You may not currently be a Service Manager (or you might!), but you are someone who is looking to take that next step in your career, in a supportive environment where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop.
In this role, you will work with colleagues from across the business as well as a wide variety of 3rd party providers. You will take ownership of critical operational issues and be relentless in pursuing resolutions; regularly this will see you negotiating roadmaps, limited resources, regulator demands and business deadlines. You will have a keen eye for detail when handling operational issues, comfortably challenging, contributing and directing technical investigations no matter the complexity or severity of the situation.
You will embody the fundamentals of service management for Casino and as such you will play a critical role in how we manage our changes, capacity, risks and problems (including outages). You will help define and deliver operational initiatives that improve our processes, bolster stability and add value to Fanduel.
Some of your duties will include:
- Take command of operationally critical issues
- Make difficult operational decisions for the best interests of Casino
- Lead on Casinos Service Strategy
- Manage Casinos flow of changes, risks and incidents
- Manage relationships with our 3rd party vendors
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following experience:
- Robust experience in handling operational issues, and having ownership and final say on operational recommendations that carry commercial, regulatory and financial consequences
- An ability to consider other viewpoints and data to make the best operational calls
- An ability to identify and deliver operational projects that provide clear value to the business
- An ability to be fundamentally flexible in your approach to operations and service within an Agile environment
- Vast experience of Service Management (Incident, Change, Risk, Problem)
- Experience of ITIL best practices
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.