ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Risk Manager to drive our US public readiness initiative, with a heavy focus on Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance program with respect to Section 404. This person will coordinate FanDuel’s compliance requirements for public readiness with regards to SEC requirements. This will include coordination of the company’s SOX program, including partnering closely with Flutter’s global Internal Controls and Sox testing team to perform SOX-specific risk assessments, design required SOX business controls, and delivering required SOX reporting. Once risk assessments are complete, this position will train control owners and assist with updating standard operating procedures or other materials as necessary. This person will also work with internal controls team of the parent company, and business leads in the design of internal control procedures for new processes as they evolve over time. This position requires a knowledge of SOX requirements, excellent communications, project management and critical thinking skills.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead and coordinate across SOX and public readiness workstreams to provide updates to key executive stakeholders and senior leadership
- Project manage and coordinate FanDuel’s US public readiness initiative, including tracking gaps and deliverables identified by outside consultants and parent company Internal Controls
- Project manage ongoing compliance assessments with outside consultants to ensure FanDuel is meeting Culture of Compliance expectations for a publically listed company
- Lead the annual SOX 404 plan through risk assessment and scoping process, including identifying critical processes and controls
- Coordinate walkthroughs and documentation collection with process owners to ensure adequate control design and identification of "key" controls
- Work with process owners to ensure controls are operating effectively and evidenced appropriately
- Facilitate SOX Section 404 related tests of controls, including Accounting and IT controls testing and related documentation, and monitor remediation progress of controls gaps
- Serve as the main SOX contact for coordination with parent company and external auditors related to testing requests and issues
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of SOX process documentation and process flowcharts
- Review the quarterly SOX certification process
- Document process related to segregation of duties
- Perform ad-hoc work/special projects as necessary to support FanDuel on various business initiatives
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years experience in internal audit, accounting, risk, compliance or finance
- Experience in SOX testing, financial services or shared services preferred
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Business Process, Internal Controls, and SOX requirements preferred
- Project management skillset across may workstreams and business required
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
- Dedicated team player who is able to withstand the high demands of a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, results driven, problem solver, and collaborator
- Don’t check all the boxes? That’s okay! We encourage you to still apply if you feel like you possess an adjacent skillet and are interested in learning more about this position.
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $115,000 to $135,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.