Sportsbook Assistant Manager - Phoenix, Arizona
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Sportsbook Assistant Manager will lead the team and the overall management of the sportsbook in the absence of the Sportsbook Manager and/or Sportsbook General Manager. As an Assistant Manager, you will motivate the team to excel in a fast-paced environment and create a memorable experience for FanDuel customers.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Assist the Sportsbook Manager and/or Sportsbook General Manager in identifying high and low performing aspects of the sportsbook and developing a strategy focusing on performance growth
- Responsible for the overall Sportsbook Operations in the absence of the Sportsbook Manager and/or Sportsbook General Manager
- Provide guidance and feedback to the sportsbook team to get them working to a high standard and ensure that the sportsbook team is delivering to the customer
- Build strong relationships with customers and create an experience that help built customer retention
- Assist with and lead regular team meetings in the absence of the Sportsbook Manager and actively engage the team
- Gather data on customer feedback and comments on the floor regarding their experiences in FanDuel sportsbook
- Ensure that any internal and external incidents are immediately reported to the correct authorities
- Ensure that all staff are adhering to the compliance policies and procedures that are put in place
- Lead the team in implementing new promotions and initiatives within the sportsbook to drive market growth
- Ensure that the correct cash control systems are being followed and take responsibility for rectifying any issues should they occur
- Carefully observe all monitored customers and ensure that the team is always fully engaged in the MCR process
- May be responsible for cash management, surveillance and/or third-party security services operations
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Associate degree and/or bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business-related area preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience with cash handling and sportsbook betting experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of ticket writer/cashier experience preferred
- Strong background and in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry and betting process required
- Union experience preferred
- Ability to operate the Sportsbook tracking system and Title 31 software system are preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license and satisfy all regulatory requirements
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!