Sportsbook Compliance Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role represents an exciting opportunity to lead the FanDuel Sportsbook Market Compliance team, with staff in New Jersey, Dublin and Melbourne. Reporting to the Director of Price Assurance & Trading Compliance, the FanDuel Market Compliance Manager will lead, manage and develop the team as the business continues to scale and market compliance becomes more complex. The successful candidate will collaborate effectively with key specialists in product management, global and local tech, trading, risk, content ops, legal compliance teams and regulators to ensure 100% compliance with state legislative and regulatory requirements.
As a key leader within the department the successful candidate will represent the vertical on all forums where market compliance is relevant, including exec level discussions. The candidate will also be primarily responsible for the development of best-in-market compliance functionality across multiple platforms to ensure FanDuel lead the industry as it relates to market compliance.
FanDuel is the market leader in the nascent US betting market and is on a fast growth trajectory. This is a key leadership role that will determine the future of Fanduel’s success considerably.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Develop and oversee global FanDuel market compliance teams spanning three continents.
- Clearly define team roles, ensure objective performance management, drive team engagement, develop high performing team members
- Clearly articulated vision and strategies which are well aligned to wider business goals
- Coaching and developing team members and colleagues
- Contribute thought leadership, direction, and support on key market compliance, commercial & business development projects
- Assess, develop, and improve existing processes as they relate to market compliance delivery at a federal level.
- Evolve existing tooling, methodology & strategy.
- Optimal use of dedicated development resources to deliver best-in-market end state “filtering” solutions across all relevant platforms.
- Strong collaboration and leadership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure clear vision of compliance methodology.
- Work closely with new and existing state sports-betting regulators to share SME and influence their decision making to ultimately lead to an optimal marketplace.
- Support any internal audit requirements where necessary.
- Ensure best-in-world betting product proposition for US customers based on state regulatory requirements. Leveraging global and local dedicated resources, 3rd party alignment and relevant regulatory influence.
- Own and develop direction of market compliance product roadmap to ensure capability to optimize offering for our customers and maintain 100% compliance are met.
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure they play their part in developing their product with compliance in mind. They own one to many relationships and play a big part in the eco-system.
- Collaborate effectively with internal product owners to ensure our requirements are prioritized and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Ownership of key department goal of delivering 100% compliance
- Accountable for performance metrics of compliance team
- Accountable for all 3rd party supplier performance targets and optimization of SLA agreements related to compliance.
- Strive towards minimal impact on key product, especially related to content management and compilation/trading.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Expert level understanding of US/Can regulatory landscape, as it relates to legislation and regulatory market offering directives on a state-by-state basis.
- Expert knowledge of North American & global betting landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of 3rd party supplier wagering marketplace.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders. Challenge respectfully but support ultimate decision a key requirement.
- Foresight to shape compliance requirements with flexibility due to unknown future requirements.
- Build trust with colleagues to maintain and develop current way of working of “compliance first”.
- Clear understanding of automation first goal, to reduce risk of error related to human involvement around compliance decision making and process.
- Handles and manages crises effectively
- Proven track record of delivering excellent results, product and especially processes
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership within a Risk & Trading function
- 2 years US industry experience
- US Regulatory facing experience
- At least 2 years in a management role
- Substantial industry knowledge
- Process orientated with a strategic mindset
- Strong expertise in trading automation desirable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!