Senior Technical Control Assurance Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Senior Technical Control Assurance Engineer to bring together controls & technology into a single pane of glass to automate our assurance testing process, monitor our security controls posture, and help teams remain secure in a complex regulatory environment. You will play a key role on the Cybersecurity Security Assurance and GRC team, with full ownership over automation design to move us from Point-In-Time control assessments to continuous monitoring of key control frameworks like PCI, NIST, SOX, GLI, etc. and reduce the time from failure detection to remediation. Over time this role will grow to have cross-functional responsibilities in automating broader business controls and partnering with teams including but not limited to Risk & Compliance, Enterprise IT, Internal Audit, and Fraud. As a result, the ideal candidate will need to have superior relationship building and people skills, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, a commitment to being a team player, and an aptitude to quickly learn the nuances of a fast-growing company within an expanding industry.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of the program capability, operating documentation, and technical solutions that monitor controls assurance adherence and automate assurance testing processes.
- Manage the tool selection and implementation process, which includes gathering requirements and control use cases to determine the buy vs. build capability approach.
- Proactively seek to understand FanDuel’s internal policies and regulatory landscape and drive the alignment of all testing automation and control monitoring to applicable internal guidance, regulations, applicable laws, and standards
- Regularly perform data analysis to ensure that the monitoring systems are effective and to identify any potential problem areas that need to be corrected for control implementations.
- Conduct automated assurance testing on systems to ensure they meet control performance criteria.
- Assist the business in evaluating and mitigating potential risks by highlighting areas of concern, recommending potential solutions, implementing controls assurance system design updates, procedures, and changes to continuously monitor FanDuel’s required state of compliance to continue operating.
- Support and prepare audit evidence collection, reporting, and findings remediation as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively across different departments such as accounting, IT, operations, and management to identify.
- Provide technical support and training to enterprise teams on tools, dashboards, and how to leverage the capability to monitor their control effectiveness.
- Conduct continuous research, development, and adaptation of new technologies, best practices, and strategies to increase the effectiveness of continuous controls monitoring within the context of the company's operational landscape.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience with IT controls, internal auditing, or IT risk management, including SOC 2, SOX, GDPR, PCI-DSS, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001. Exposure to GLI preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with continuous control monitoring tools such as Vanta, Drata, Panoptica, etc. or building custom technical assurance capabilities.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) can be beneficial.
- Advanced technical knowledge of cloud technology (AWS, GCP, Azure), security controls, database systems, network systems, auditing and compliance software and tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Experience with decision making around when to buy vs. build tooling and capabilities.
- Strong understanding of APIs and/or other integration methods for centralizing data for assurance testing from home grown applications and systems.
- Experience leading and managing teams in the implementation and maintenance of continuous monitoring programs. Knowledge of IT governance frameworks and risk management methodologies.
- The ability to identify patterns and trends in data sets and use this information to optimize efforts and continually improve processes.
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in writing complex concepts and information to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of regulations, standards, and frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, NIST, and ITIL.
- effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and understand the needs and concerns of various stakeholders.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $134,000 to $183,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.