Data Engineer - Enablement
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organization. In this role, you will serve as a key technical resource, bridging the gap between front-line data issues and complex data solutions. You will play a pivotal role in troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving data-related issues while ensuring platforms are running optimally You will serve a large group of customers: the engineering teams building our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make the data mean something.
We are looking for Data Engineers or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment. If this describes you, read on – we want to hear from you!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Issue Resolution: Handle escalated data and platform related issues, providing solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaboration: Work alongside engineering teams and stakeholders to offer expertise on more complex issues.
- Data Integrity: Ensure data accuracy and consistency across platforms and systems.
- Documentation: Maintain and update technical documentation related to data processes and issue resolutions.
- Support ETL/ELT pipelines built using Python and Databricks.
- Leverage your SQL skills to troubleshoot issues related to SQL
- Oversee and administer data workflows with Apache Airflow and DBT.
- Support a broad suite of platforms across our data ecosystem including Redshift, Tableau, Athena, Spectrum, Spark, Hadoop, Trino, Kafka.
- Leadership and teaching within a cross-functional team, embodying a willingness to grow and to grow those around you and actively seek continued learning opportunities.
- Apply your experience and intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data infrastructure.
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence – system reliability, automation, data quality, and cost-efficiency.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Show proficiency in understanding ETL processes
- Demonstrate the ability to optimize data pipelines
- Knowledge of data integrity and relational rules
- Understanding of AWS and Google Cloud
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies is critical
- Comfortable writing Python scripts
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!