FanDuel ReIgnite - Software Engineering Returnship
FanDuel ReIgnite - Software Engineering Returnship
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Are you a Software Engineer looking to return to your career after a break? We'd love to hear from you!
FanDuel are actively seeking technology professionals who are eager to return to the workforce. We value the unique perspectives and diverse experiences that career returners can bring to our organisation and are excited to be launching our returners programme here in Edinburgh.
We operate a hybrid work model and are open to flexible working patterns as well as part-time opportunities.
Through this programme, you will have the opportunity to apply your previous software engineering experience and contribute to exciting projects within the organisation. You will be supported by your line manager and team members, along with having an assigned buddy to coach you through our onboarding process and beyond. You will also be a part of a cohort of returners, so you won't be going it alone.
During your onboarding at FanDuel, you’ll work within an Agile team, where you’ll learn about our software development life cycle and gain first-hand experience of what it takes to deliver quality, production-ready code with full support from a mentor. We're dedicated to creating a collaborative culture where every Engineer has a real impact.
What You'll Do:
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing in Java and SQL
- Problem-solving and de-bugging code, including Production Support
- Engaging in code reviews and pair-programming
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies like daily huddles, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective
What We’re Looking For
- Desire to learn and develop your skills through a growth mindset
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience and passion for writing distributed, scalable and available backend systems & APIs, using Java and SQL
- Experience with testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices in the SDLC
What You Can Expect
In this position, you will be supported by your line manager, as well as having a dedicated buddy and a mentor within the organisation as you navigate through the first 12 weeks of your time at FanDuel. Our aim is to leverage your skills and empower you to make an impact and add value in your role.
Additionally, we will give you the contact of one of our engineers here at FanDuel who is not involved in the interview process, so you can ask candid questions about the company our values, or day-to-day life here at FanDuel.
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits
The Interview Process
- Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Java Tech Task
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.