Entertainment and Culture Trader
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
You will become a critical member of a lean Canada team responsible for growing FanDuel Sportsbook and Casino in Ontario. This unique role will involve merging the worlds of pop culture, social media trends, politics, and betting odds in order to bring new ways to bet to our platform. The Culture and Event Trader will play a pivotal role in attracting new audiences by creating betting storylines around cultural moments, events, and pop culture phenomena. This role will be integrated with FanDuel’s Marketing/PR and Trading teams, experience in marketing/comms is beneficial as we look to create storytelling and press opportunities around these markets. You will also work with a wide group of key stakeholders in commercial, product, technology, risk & trading and analytics.
Novelties include all non-sports markets such as Award Shows, Celebrity News, Weather forecasting, Cultural Events (New Hollywood Films, New Music Releases, Super Bowl Half-Time, and Canadian/International politics)
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
We are looking for a teammate who can:
- Have your finger on the pulse on the latest pop culture, political and cultural events in order to create unique and fun storylines into betting opportunities
- Have an aptitude in math and a willingness to learn, previous trading experience is not essential
- Work hours outside of 9-5:00 and weekends due to the nature of live events and the international scope of our business with Trading Teams located around the world
- It’s important to understand how odds relate to probability (%), and how betting markets work in that sense.
- Well-spoken and articulate as there could be opportunities for media appearances
- Integrate with our marketing and PR teams by ideating/creating markets for our customers that are newsworthy. Examples include working with our Marketing Team to have creative materials developed to promote the latest market on paid social, or working with PR to develop a corresponding outreach plan.
- Lead a cross functional team with our sports trading, risk and compliance departments to ensure FanDuel’s markets adhere to all regulatory requirements. From the moment that any new potential market is created the successful candidate will need to work in a collaborative way to ensure that the market is properly mapped on our site and compliant with all AGCO regulations
- Detailed oriented
- The successful candidate will need to manage all price management (adjusting the odds) to mitigate FanDuel’s risk with any market
- Stay on the pulse; daily performance (e.g., revenue increase/decrease and reasons for), the impact of novelty trading on FanDuel’s brand health and campaign summaries will all be required. This information will determine the type of markets that FanDuel will offer on an ongoing basis
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- A degree in marketing, communications or other creative fields, and an aptitude for numbers
- Very strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and other analytical tools
- Demonstrate passion for role that cultural betting can play in engaging a new player base
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required
- Ability to react quickly to news that impacts new potential markets or pricing on existing offering
- Someone who shows a strong interest with current news, politics and pop culture
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!