Strategy Senior Associate
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking to hire a Senior Strategy Manager to join the Responsible Gaming team. Responsible Gaming is one of the key components of FanDuel’s long term strategy to deliver a best-in-class sports betting experience. We are looking to hire a Senior Strategy Manager to help take our Responsible Gaming efforts to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team with significant exposure across the organization and help build out the next chapter of Responsible Gaming at FanDuel.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Be the face of Responsible Gaming to internal, as well as external partners when necessary.
- Act as an escalation point for teammates, as well as a trusted partner for VIP, Retail and Customer Service teams on complex matters that impact the business.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of RG processes and systems.
- Respond to issues that arise by taking measures necessary to conduct diligence, resolve, report and document such issues to the satisfaction of stakeholders including, but not limited to local market access partners and applicable regulators.
- Assist the Responsible Gaming Customer Strategy team to develop, implement and maintain up-to-date product-related policies, procedures and training that enable the company to effectively meet regulatory requirements.
- Track and implement recommendations from Responsible Gaming Steering Committee.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments, and audits.
- Complete other regulatory compliance tasks assigned by Senior Leadership.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management / strategy consulting preferred
- Ability to take direction, use initiative, and translate that into well-researched, actionable output
- Able to work autonomously to deliver business cases, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience influencing and building relationships across the organization at various levels
- Strong organizational & project management skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience leading project on complex cross-functional projects is preferred
- Ability and desire to dive in and get your hands dirty with analysis. Sound numerical proficiency and analytical capability needed
- Prior knowledge and interest of sports and technology industries are preferred; ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the industry and company will be critical to success
- Technical competencies in Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as interest in designing process tools (such as SharePoint sites).
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $80,000 - $110,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.