Managing Editor, Promotional Content
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Managing Editor of Promotional Content to lead the editorial team’s efforts to promote FanDuel’s gaming offerings, promotions, and activation + retention efforts. The Managing Editor of Promotional Content will be responsible for overseeing our promotional content strategy and planning. This position will collaborate directly with the editorial, marketing, SEO, legal, and promotions teams to write, edit, and distribute content that promotes key FanDuel offers, promotions, and tentpole events. From adjusting content schedules to analyzing real-time performance of content, the ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and optimize content strategy around the sports and business calendar.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage all promotional content on FanDuel written content properties. Write, edit, and self-publish content to raise awareness of FanDuel promotions.
- Lead efforts in coordination with the SEO, Marketing, Legal, and Promotions teams to create a cohesive content experience that satisfies company needs, both from an activation and retention perspective.
- Optimize content efforts to increase referral traffic to FanDuel gaming apps both in promotional articles as well as contextual upsell within all articles in the ecosystem.
- Maintain and oversee a promotional calendar of scheduled and published content adapted for company priorities, tentpoles, promotions, state launches, and more.
- Oversee strategic coverage of non-fantasy and sportsbook analysis coverage including horse racing content, casino content, and promotional content around all gaming verticals.
- Manage partnership efforts on site, including vendors, freelancers, and other FanDuel content contributors to ensure that promotions are up to standard in said content.
- Maintain and build out compliance and regulatory practices with content efforts to ensure promotional content is fully up to standard.
- Directly manage team member(s) and oversee the growth and development of the larger editorial team through collaboration and mentorship.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 5+ years of experience working in digital content, sports media, or an adjacent field
- Experience working with an editorial team or managing a content calendar for multiple contributors
- Experience working with marketing and promotional stakeholders to upsell a product.
- Experience optimizing headlines and tagging written / media content for SEO purposes.
- Someone with keen attention to detail, and strong grammar skills.
- Someone who is comfortable collaborating with other stakeholders and streamlining different priorities across teams to unite for one common goal.
- Passion and understanding across sports gaming including fantasy sports, sports betting, horse racing, poker, and casino.
- A strong leader and communicator that can lead and guide others to progress in their careers.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $74,000 - $101,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.