Senior DevOps Engineer - CPE
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work within one of the most critical areas of the business - our Core Product Experiences (CPE) engineering domain. This domain is responsible for engineering new features and maintaining existing core functions relating to our customers. This includes functions such as login, sign up, deposits and withdrawals, promotions and more!
Day-to-day you will be working within our centralised DevOps team within CPE, working on projects such as a migration from EC2 to Kubernetes; working with VPCs; or leveraging the power of AWS Outposts to champion on-premise solutions, crafting a seamlessly integrated hybrid cloud experience (to name a few!).
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. You’ll work amongst multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges to ultimately provide the very best experiences and products to our customers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests
- Ensuring services are monitored effectively using application and system metrics
- Understanding the complexities of working with multi-tier applications and scaling of distributed systems across data centres and cloud
- Delivering new features and tooling for both business and technical stakeholders
- Supporting engineers in building pipelines
- Focusing on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Mentoring and helping to develop others
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following:
- Experience with AWS; VPC design and networking; Aurora MySQL; EC2; EKS etc.
- Terraform, and Linux scripting (both essential)
- Kubernetes and Helm (highly desirable)
- Experience in managing relational databases for high availability, data migrations etc
- Git and GitHub; Datadog
- Python/Go or other programming experience
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.