IT Operations Incident Co-ordinator
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Joining our IT Operations team, you’ll be on the front line alerting our technology teams to incidents, outages and ongoing issues, and supporting future risk mitigation. Each day is different, and as the company continues to scale, our IT Operations team needs to adapt, which you can get involved with!
Working with a variety of technical teams, you will conduct system analysis of operational issues to include automation, troubleshooting, and problem solving. You’ll be charged with monitoring the production environments, ensuring proactive management of events, active vendor management and proper systems optimization to maximise availability of critical services.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to act as liaison, delivering information both to technical and non-technical teams.
This full-time role has a shift pattern of Monday to Friday 0600 - 1400, at least three times per week.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Proactive monitoring and support of the production environments to reduce the potential for errors
- Act promptly on alarms, service degradation and outages, and act as a focal point for outages until restoration
- Maintain a good standard of providing information internally with regards to ongoing issues
- Work with and manage third party relationships and service providers
- Maintain and suggest improvements to the incident and problem processes
- Maintain, escalate and update Ops related tickets and applicable deliverables
- Deliver on KPIs set internally as well as adhere to SLAs with regards to service delivery to other departments
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following experience:
- Previous experience within a technical operations role
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Strong documentation skills, to help update our knowledge base (we use Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with a monitoring platform like Datadog (would be a bonus)
- Experience working within ecommerce applications, ideally mobile applications (would be a bonus)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles.