Sportsbook Manager, Blue Chip (IN)
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Sportsbook Manager will lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million-dollar turnover business at a FanDuel Sportsbook. Inspire, motivate, and train the sportsbook team members to be the best they can be. The Sportsbook Manager may be responsible for Sportsbook General Manager duties and/or Sportsbook Supervisor duties, as assigned, for lower volume retail locations.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Know and understand the properties financial reports in detail and identify and take action on any changes in the business
- Pro-actively monitor competitor activity and ensure that the business is fast to respond
- Use the knowledge of Sportsbook team to help maintain awareness of issues within the marketplace
- Take responsibility for positively managing the implementation of change and the introduction of initiatives within the area
- Work with the Risk and Trading Team to ensure correct markets and pricing
- Work with the Marketing/ Online Team to identify key data points to ensure proactive management of cash flow and staff management for Cash at Counter operations
- Coordinate with commercial/marketing/content teams on weekly strategy and schedules for release and creation of all relative content
- Ensure compliance to all Federal, local and state regulations
- Ensure smooth communication of key issues and initiatives
- Conduct monthly business review meetings to discuss the business strategy and ways to improve the business
- Actively acquire guests from competitors and regularly review where opportunities exist to grow market share
- Ensure that any issues impacting guests are resolved immediately
- Provide “on the ground” app support
- Ensure that Sportsbook team are delivering the brand offer to guests
- Escalate employee relations and customer disputes in a timely manner and where necessary use the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure (if applicable)
- Take ownership of an area of specialty for the Sportsbook (Compliance, Customer Experience, Learning & Development, Sportsbook Operations, VIP, and Administration) in the absence of the Sportsbook General Manager
- Work closely with property management to ensure appropriate training and staffing of sportsbook personnel
- Develop a personal network with key members of local organizations e.g., Police, Council, Newspapers, entertainment venues
- Oversee any special event communication and planning logistics at the sportsbook
- Perform other sportsbook duties/roles, as needed
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Associate degree and/or bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business-related area preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ of managerial experience preferred
- At least 1 year of experience with cash handling and sportsbook betting experience preferred
- At least 1 year of ticket writer/cashier experience preferred
- Strong background and in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry and betting process preferred
- Be able to work under pressure
- Experience working in a union environment preferred
- Ability to operate the Sportsbook tracking system and Title 31 software system (if applicable) are preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license and satisfy all regulatory requirements
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!