Counsel Senior Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team a senior Investigations Counsel for the Regulatory group with 6+ years of legal experience to manage investigations and regulatory engagement and enforcement actions in this exciting, expanding field.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will work with a fantastic team of legal and regulatory professionals working to engage FanDuel’s regulators for all products across the United States and Canada and assist with FanDuel’s continued innovation of those products. Reporting to FanDuel’s Senior Director of Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement, this role will join a sophisticated team of legal and regulatory experts and:
- Manage regulatory investigations, inquiries, incidents, and escalated customer complaints regarding fraud, marketing, cybersecurity, responsible gaming, geolocation, and all other areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, and reporting, etc;
- Manage internal investigations regarding all areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, and reporting, etc;
- Engage in close partnership with the product advisory team and the risk & compliance team to enable seamless integration of all relevant regulatory obligations, transparency and controls;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across FanDuel’s business lines in order to proactively address potential regulatory issues;
- Assist FanDuel’s Senior Director of Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement with FanDuel’s engagement and relationship with state regulators and Market Access Partners once FanDuel has launched and is actively regulated by a state;
- Assist FanDuel’s Senior Director of Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement with providing legal analysis and regulatory guidance to internal FanDuel team members regarding state regulatory requirements for all products in all states; and
- Assist FanDuel’s Senior Director of Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement with training and communications strategy, content and delivery for state regulatory compliance.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Superior stakeholder/regulatory engagement, proven experience, top-notch analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal and writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being both an exceptional manager as well as a team player who rolls up her or his sleeves, and an aptitude to learn the nuances of the internet, technology and media businesses.
- Once hired, the senior Counsel for Regulatory may be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators;
- JD from a top-tier law school and member of at least one state bar;
- 6+ years of total legal experience, preferably including experience with a regulatory or enforcement body;
- Experience engaging and advocating with regulators;
- A strong aptitude for investigations, regulatory engagement, policy, legal research, process, procedure, analytics and reporting;
- Passion for people management, team building and a desire to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- In-house experience with a highly regulated company or a company engaged in rapid growth a strong plus;
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $160,000 - $175,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.