Fraud and Risk Analyst, Prevention (Evening)
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Analyst, Fraud Prevention role is responsible for analyzing and monitoring daily risk reporting to identify fraudulent or suspicious activity across the FanDuel Group brands. This position plays a key role in assisting our organization with Fraud prevention and response. This role requires an intermediate understanding of existing and emerging fraud risks within Daily Fantasy Sports, online gaming or related industries. Candidates for this role must pass required licensing as mandated by various state gaming and racing regulatory bodies. Failure to be licensed or retain licensure will result in termination of employment. This position reports into the Fraud and Risk Supervisor.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Conduct daily reviews of risk reporting to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or suspicious activity; including but limited to customer deposits and withdrawals
- Perform detailed account due diligence and settlement of customer accounts
- Ensure all daily customer withdrawals are screened accurately
- Assist with applicable state-specific regulatory Fraud form reporting
- Support internal teams with various Fraud and Risk reviews or requests
- Resolve customer issues in relation to Fraud and Risk matters when necessary
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by team leadership
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Preferably 1+ years of fraud experience in daily fantasy sports, online gaming or related industries preferred
- Experience with digital payments and understanding of e-Commerce platforms ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of common fraud prevention strategies and systems
- Intermediate understanding of Check, ACH, Wire, Debit/Credit card, PayPal and other payment channel operating rules
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Available to work flexible hours that include nights and weekends
- Passion for sports and/or gaming industry a plus
- Licensure: Must be able to pass required licensing as mandated by various state racing and gaming regulatory bodies
- Shift availability: Must be available to work between the hours of 5:00pm-3:00am EST. Some weekend work is required.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!