Experimentation Analytics Director
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Commercial Director - Experimentation will take primary responsibility for implementing and overseeing an end-to-end test & learn process for customer retention spend on FanDuel sportsbook. This includes guiding the process from ideation through validation, execution, analysis and communication of results.
Collaborating closely with our CRM, MarTech and Commercial teams, they will play a crucial role to help define our future state on experimentation specifically, and customer retention more generally. This role will focus on helping to enhance and optimize our sportsbook proposition by step changing our level of sophistication as it relates to customer rewards/promotions – both strategically and operationally - to set us up for the next phase of growth.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Take primary responsibility for our approach to customer rewards/promotions experimentation for FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Establish and coach a high performing team that adds value to the wider business and provide guidance on experimentation best practice for the team of data analysts.
- Work in a collaborative manner across various functions and be the guiding star for experimentation throughout the organization.
- Partner with the CRM team on prioritizing testing to meet or exceed our customer needs, and partner with the Martech team to ensure set up and execution of tests are optimized.
- Keep relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership, updated with key insights and recommendations for how we optimize our customer retention strategy.
- Be a key leader in ensuring any demand capabilities in data and technology functions are being met to ensure we’re set up to meet our future aspirations.
- Rigorously experiment with new rewards/promotion mechanics to create a more personalized experience for customers.
- Raise the bar in the Commercial team, role model the company values and shape our team culture.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- A minimum 10 years of experience in a commercial/analytics/experimentation related role is required, with a minimum 3 years of experience leading teams in experimentation specifically.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science or other relevant discipline preferred (Master’s degree a bonus).
- Professional experience with SQL and data visualization is required.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, including probability theory and hypothesis testing
- Expert end-to-end understanding of A/B and other forms of testing
- Proven experience deriving insights from imperfect data sets.
- Experience with modelling languages like Python or ‘R’ is an advantage.
- Strategic mindset: takes a long-term view and anticipates future trends and implications.
- Commercial acumen: advanced understanding of P&L, business principles and commercial levers
- Collaborates: is a team player - works with various teams across the organization to understand their needs and get things done. They can influence KPIs and success across a broad range of teams.
- Presents with impact to a wide range of stakeholders and keeps stakeholders updated with relevant and timely information.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $166,000 - $207,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.