Senior Accountant - Online Sportsbook and Casino
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our finance team with a focus on our online sportsbook and casino products. This person will possess excellent communication and high attention to detail. This person will serve as a leader and communicator between the finance team and other internal / external stakeholders. The position will report into our Finance Manager.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Prepare, post and reconcile period end closing journal entries for P&L and balance sheet
- Experience in building schedules, processes, reconciliations and flux analysis
- Review all significant variances for areas of responsibility flagging key variances in advance of close
- Document accounting process and internal control
- Work effectively cross-functionally in order to prepare closing entries and to anticipate changes to processes
- Ensure robust revenue recognition and cash management controls are in place, to include reconciliations with our external partners
- Assist in the preparation of revenue share calculations for Online Sportsbook and Casino
- Coordinate and assist with requests from external auditors
- Proactively engage in cross training initiatives
- Identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting
- Other tasks that may be assigned as appropriate
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a fast-changing working environment
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment while managing to tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with large data volume
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and SOX / Internal controls
- Apply US GAAP to research and solve complex transactions
- Assist in review and updates to SOX process documentation
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $80,000 - $105,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.