Senior Quality Engineer - Free2Play
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
This role sits within our Free2Play vertical, which develops free to enter playable games across our products. Our Quality Engineering team within this space are seen as facilitators and educators in the quality engineering space, rather than being fully embedded and dedicated to a single team.
The Free2Play Quality Engineering team focuses on improving automation testing mostly across web and as a Senior Quality Engineer you will focus on deciding what best practices look like; what tools and technologies should be considered and engage with the development team to champion quality engineering (so you’ll have a lot of influence!). Because of this, there is an element of research and development in this role, and a variety of different projects/tools/tech to get stuck into!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Focusing on ‘shifting left’ with the implementation of CI/CD pipelines
- Advising on different tools, technologies and ways of working for different teams
- Educating the wider technology teams about the importance of quality engineering and how to consider a quality mindset in their work
- Carrying out POCs with various tools/technologies
- Contributing to and guiding the initiative to replace backend integration tests
What We’re Looking For
Your experience will include most of the following:
- An ability to explore and understand complex microarchitecture
- Experience working with and influencing the wider technology team around quality engineering and best practices
- Mentoring, coaching and knowledge sharing with other colleagues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work independently
- Experience across API testing (essential) and contract testing (a bonus)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.