Sportsbook Supervisor - Sports & Social Washington, D.C.
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role is posted on behalf of Sports & Social Washington, D.C.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises Sportsbook cashiers; ensures all transactions are performed according to Company policies as well as state and federal regulations.
- Monitors all monies being wagered.
- Approves or denies wagers from guests in conjunction
- Maintains Sportsbook vault.
- Conducts sweeps/bankroll increases on cashier drawers as necessary.
- Conducts basic maintenance, and customer experience on kiosks.
- Handles escalated guest disputes in the Sportsbook.
- Reports issues and discrepancies to management immediately.
- Advises management of any operational concerns.
- Assists with training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining, and/or scheduling department staff, as assigned.
- Enforces Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains high visibility throughout the Sportsbook.
- Provides outstanding customer service in a timely manner to both guests and fellow employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in sports or online gaming is highly desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1+ years’ experience with cash handling and sportsbook betting experience preferred.
- 1+ years’ ticket writer/cashier experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license as determined by the District of Columbia Office of Lottery and Gaming for the position.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time with basic range of motion (bending, twisting, reaching etc.).
- Ability to speak for a long period of time.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a high energy atmosphere exposed to alcohol, bright lights and loud noises.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!