Sportsbook Writer - Sports & Social Washington, D.C. (Part-Time)
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role is posted on behalf of Sports & Social Washington, D.C.
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
- Responsible for accurate cash transactions and processing of sportsbook wagers and payments.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Accepts bets and parlay cards and writes tickets on all sporting events from customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Receives sport or parlay tickets from customers and pays customers who present winning tickets and vouchers.
- Maintains and balances a till for use in issuing and redeeming tickets and vouchers.
- Maintain a neat and well-stocked window for the next shift.
- Responsible for processing transactions accurately and maintaining accurate reconciliations.
- Must be aware of all District of Columbia Office of Lottery and Gaming procedures and logging.
- Must know all terms and conditions pertaining to sports wagering.
- Must be fully aware of all lines and odds in the Sports Book.
- Remain alert to any peculiar betting patterns and report such events to the Sports Book Supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory controls of the state gaming agency.
- Promotes superior guest service.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Prior sports and sports betting knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate well with the public.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid license as required by the District of Columbia Office of Lottery and Gaming for the position.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience in high volume cash operations.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time with basic range of motion (bending, twisting, reaching etc.).
- Ability to speak for a long period of time.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a high energy atmosphere exposed to alcohol, bright lights and loud noises.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!