Senior Software Engineer - Responsible Gaming
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Responsible Gaming vertical, you will be working on systems that are paramount to the safety and security of our customers and to FanDuel. This team focuses on our geo-compliance, ensuring that candidates are able to access our product in a certain state, as well as making sure we are following regulatory requirements. It’s one of our busiest teams, and is critical to the business!
You’ll be a backend focused Senior Software Engineer, using technologies such as Java, Spring Boot and Maven. You’ll be the main backend Developer in this team (though can also get involved in the frontend), so you have the opportunity to own, lead and shape the backend; advocate for and proactively improve it; and knowledge share to the team so that they can support you long-term.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs using Java
- Solid experience of working on distributed software systems
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies (we use AWS)
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and teams as well as third party suppliers
- Mentoring, coaching and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Influencing the delivery of technical solutions in a team setting
What We’re Looking For
- Strong backend experience with Java
- Experience with AWS as well as understanding DevOps concepts such as IaC (we use Terraform)
- Experience working on critical systems (ideally high volume and at scale)
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Understanding relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter Screen - 30mins
- Hiring Manager Interview (competency focused) - 30mins
- System Design Interview - 45mins
- Technical Exercise Interview - 60mins
We aim to hold the system design and technical interview back-to-back if possible.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.