Commercial Strategy Senior Associate, Casino
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are seeking an associate to join our Canadian Commercial team, dedicated to supporting the delivery of an exceptional online gaming experience for our users and driving the growth of the Canadian Casino business. You will be an integral part of a highly collaborative team, closely interacting with various stakeholders across the organization, including Marketing, Finance, Risk & Trading, Analytics, Product, and more.
The ideal candidate is proactive, well-organized, and thrives in a collaborative environment. They possess a keen attention to detail and robust problem-solving skills, enabling swift, well-informed decision-making supported by data. The position is based in Toronto, Canada.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Devise and execute strategic plans for “Moments that Matter” in the casino business, creating cross-functional execution plans for optimal performance within the casino environment.
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape, researching the latest industry trends in the casino sector and continuously exploring innovative ways to improve conversion and retention efforts.
- Translate market insights into actionable recommendations for business improvement and provide strategic recommendations based on data analysis to optimize performance.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to stakeholders, summarizing key insights and performance metrics within the casino business.
- Communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical audiences, contributing to the success of the casino operations.
- Perform comprehensive monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting analysis for the Canada Casino operations, providing predictive assessments to inform decision-making and drive operational excellence.
- Support the execution process for new suppliers, coordinating with various departments to ensure a smooth integration into the casino ecosystem.
- Support with drafting and reviewing contracts, working with legal to ensure compliance with company policies and regularly updating contract status and key milestones for the casino.
- Evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of various casino initiatives and identify growth opportunities through comprehensive business performance analysis.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or highly numerate major (Math, Stats, Econ, etc.), or other analytical fields.
- 3+ years of career experience in consulting, finance, analytics, or similar commercial role.
- Proficiency in SQL, experience with tableau / data visualization and Excel required.
- Highly motivated and diligent, with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and requirements.
- Ability to take initiative and produce results in a fast-paced environment, combined with a track record of transforming data into actionable insights and presentations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at relationship building, collaboration and sensitive to stakeholders' needs.
- Track record of performance in fast-paced environments, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the online sportsbook / casino gaming industry.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!